Saturday, February 16, 2013

Review: 18 - 24'' Marineland LED Single Bright Aquarium Lighting System




 Features:

  • 17,000 Lifetime Hour Rating  
  • 300 Lumen Output
  • Adjustable Support Legs
  • Night & Day Mode

The Good:

  • Bright Enough For Low To Low-Medium Plants
  • Low Power Usage
  • Stays Cool
  • Sleek Profile
  • No Bulbs To Replace

The Bad:

  • Once It Burns Out You Have To Replace The Whole Thing
  • A Bit More Expensive Than Fluorescent Counterpart

 

Experience:

 

I bought this to replace an Aqueon fluorescent deluxe full hood that came with my 55 gallon kit. This light cost me a little over $50 on sale at Petsmart. It was really easy to fit the light over my current hood. The light should fit most 18 - 24'' gaps above tanks, but I would avoid keeping it on a tank without some kind of cover. The light looked more natural than my fluorescent light and seemed to be just as bright. The plugin might be its only real flaw. It is similar to an old cell phone charger that hangs off the outlet sideways. The night mode looks great, but I don't use it to extend the life of the light. My light is still running like brand new seven months later.

 

Should You Buy It?

 

I liked it so much that I bought another one two months after the first one. It should work fire for a low lighted non-C02 injected planted tank.

Buy At Amazon

 

Update 4/8/2014:  

 

Still working perfectly with little to no brightness reduction.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment