Thursday, April 10, 2014

Review: Current USA Single Ramp Timer

 

 Features:

  • Program On & Off Times
  • 15 Minute Ramp To Full Intensity
  • 15 Minute Gentle Dim To Darkness
  • Simulate Sunrise & Sunset
  • Manual On & Off
  • Low Voltage 12 - 24VDC 
  • Compatible With Most LED Lights Which Are 12-24VDC That Use A Standard 2.5mm x 5mm DC Plug

The Good:

  • Works With Most LED's
  • Sleek Design Taps Right Into Power Line
  • Manual Override For On & Off
  • Can Control Two Lights Simultaneously

The Bad:

  • More Expensive Than A Mechanical Timer
  • Not Fully Compatible With Current USA Satellite Freshwater LED Plus

 

Experience:

 

I bought this a few months after buying my Current USA Satellite Freshwater LED Plus. I needed something to keep my fish on a regular light cycle because I work third shift during the week and sleep normally the rest. My fish seemed to get really agitated from 'getting up' at 5:00 AM one day and 11:00 AM the next. I looked at several mechanical timers, but liked how this one plugged directly into the line.

I've been fully satisfied with this timer. It turns on and off exactly when it is needed. Its only downfall is that only on & off  function work with my Current USA Satellite Freshwater LED Plus. I'm not too sad though because I like to keep a constant full spectrum light on for my plants anyway. It is about five  times the cost of a mechanical timer, but worth not dealing with a bulky box. I payed $25.16 when I bought it on Amazon. My favorite feature is the on or off override, where all you have to do is press the Hour + button to turn the light in a constant on or off mode. I have my light set on an earlier cycle so sometimes I miss my last feeding. Just make sure to press Mode when done or you will give your fish a 24 hour light torture. I'll definitely be buying another one for my other tank in the future.

 

Should You Buy It?

 

Buy it if you want to simply your light cycle or can't keep up with your cycle.

 

Buy On Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment